Transparency International Uganda has put in place the first of its kind a Toll Free Call Center in Northern Uganda. A system that enables health users, community volunteers, local leaders, health workers and any other stakeholder to report challenges at their respective health centers. We recommend that for any person who wishes to use the number 0800200188 does visit the health center and identify key challenges from the particular health center, call and report accordingly. Once the calls are received and challenges reported, verification visits are conducted to verify and follow up what are on the ground. During the verification visits we also ensure that relevant authorities at the health centers and sub counties take up action towards solving identified challenges.
Below are some of the challenges reported by community health users and volunteers;
- Poor Sanitation at health centers.
- High rate of late arrival by health workers where some health centers like Agulurude Health center III in Oyam district was reported to having opened at 11:00am.
- Drugs stock out/inadequate supply of drugs at the health center
- Poor work performance.
- Absconding from duty by health workers.
- No mama kit (maternity kits) at maternity ward.
- Inadequate number of support staffs/porters.